AAS 253 / Fall 2021
Term Paper Instructions
Instructions per e-mail sent on 11/4
People, Folks, Guys, please note:
1) Test 5 coming up is worth 20% of your final grade. Please study well for this test.
2) I have given you a lot of breaks in this class. To those who have taken advantage of them, here is another really big break for you: The term paper is now optional. You dont have to do it if you dont want to.
3) However, if you still wish to do a term paper, then Test 5 will be worth 10% and the term paper will be worth 10%. Here is the topic and basic requirements: On the basis of (a) the three videos indicated below, AND (b) supported by no less than eight to twelve readings (the more the better) from Readings--Packets One, Two, Three, and Seven of PART A of Materials for Assignments Depository, PLUS Reading 17(a) from Section A of Packet Seven, write a term paper that is no less than 14 pages (not counting the cover page and reference page), titled “Institutional Racism and the Inner City.” You are not permitted to use any other sources outside of the materials mentioned above; otherwise, your paper will get an automatic F—much in the same way that you will get an automatic F for plagiarism. You will be submitting your paper in MS Word via Blackboard so that a plagiarism check can be run on the paper via software Blackboard provides. There is a severe penalty for plagiarism.
1) If you decide to do the term paper the due date is 2:00 pm on December 1st, 2021, to be submitted via Blackboard. If you fail to meet this deadline, the penalty will be one grade level down for each day the paper is late.
2) Your paper will be graded on the basis of how well you use ALL the videos and the readings indicated in the question above, and how well you structure your paper.
3) All sources must be carefully cited, using the APA style "in-text" citation method. APA style: Check out these links:
4) Your paper MUST describe AND analyze the institutional manifestations of racism in the City of Buffalo using this three-part structure: