|AAS 293 / Fall 2018 / Assignments for the Final Exam
|Folks: Please go through the
following carefully. Failure to follow these instructions will not be an
acceptable excuse. <--- Read this sentence again.
1. I have new office hours for the exam week. Access them via the Office Hours link on the class home page.
2. Because of the Freshmen in this course, I have relented; so, I am allowing all in class to bring handwritten notes only to the Final Exam. There should be no photocopied material attached to your notes or in your notebook or anywhere else. If you have such material I will consider it as cheating and therefore as grounds for giving you an F in the exam.
3. When you write notes on any of the assigned materials, always begin by noting the title (and the author, if indicated). When writing notes on AV materials use the key-word method (assign one or two word headings to scenes, but do not write sentences, to help you remember the scenes).
4. If the video items below do not stream, download them first to your computer. WARNING: Do NOT wait until the last minute because the whole class will be trying to access the material at the same time!
5. If most of you had come to class on a regular basis and participated in the verbal bonus quizzes, I would have assigned fewer materials for this exam.
6. Read, view, and digest the following materials, below.
1. Items F, and K, available via this click path: Class Home Page --> Syllabus Packet --> Section Three --> No. 1 (Educational Success Readings Packet)
2. All 3 materials assigned for Week 15, Class no. 1 in the Class Proceedings Schedule (which is item no. 6 of the Syllabus Packet accessible via your class home page).
3. Second item assigned for Week 8, Class no. 2 in the Class Proceedings Schedule
4. Text plus images on Pages 1 through 2; 7 through 8; 11 through 13; 27 through 29; 34, 46; 49; 56 through 57; of the first item assigned for Week 10, Class no. 1. (The link will take you to another page, and it is item no. 9 on that page.) <-- You can bring a printed copy of these pages to the exam.
5. The Introduction and ALL images in RCR-9(a) (Clickpath: Materials for Course Assignments --> Part A (Readings) --> )
6. Item three of RCR-9(a).
7. Item no. 10 of TE: Technology (Clickpath: Materials for Course Assignments --> Part G (Links) --> Textual Material-->)
1. "Rule of Law" from the Online Course Glossary (Clickpath: Materials for Course Assignments --> Part B (Course Glossary) --> ) (The link will take you to another page, and it is item no. 1 on that page.)
2. "Critical Thinking" from Page 1 of item no. 8 of the Syllabus Packet, accessible via your class home page.
3. "Identity Politics" from the Online Course Glossary
4. Entire Section 4 of "Race/Racism" from the Online Course Glossary
5. "Critical Race Theory" in Section 9 of "Race/Racism from the Online Course Glossary
6. "Interpersonal Democracy" from the Online Course Glossary
1. All the images in the Class Proceedings Schedule (which is item no. 6 of the Syllabus Packet, accessible via your class home page).
1. Item Five (b) of RCR-9(a) <--- If this item does not stream, download it to your computer first. (This docudrama is about 2 hours long.)
2. First 5 minutes of this YouTube video
3. This video
4. This video
5. This video <-- video will be disturbing.
6. This video
7. First 5 minutes of this YouTube video <-- video will be disturbing.
8. This YouTube video trailer
9. This YouTube video