|What to Do If You Can't Access an Assignments Page
First, a question for ya: Do you know why we are using a Google website for the homework assignments, instead of Blackboard (UBL)? See the syllabus.
(a) You are using Chrome. (b) A google web page pops up with a message about safe browsing. (c) The page shows the link to the page you are trying to access. (d) The message also states there were no security issues associated with the link. Now, try one or more of these steps:
OR2. Switch to a different browser, (e.g., Safari, Firefox, etc.),
If you are among the very few who may come across this message "We are sorry, but you do not have access to this service. Please contact your organization administrator for access" when you try to access an assignments web page, then try one or more of the steps below. (Note: This problem only arises when the assignments page is hosted by Google Sites AND you haven't been practicing good computer hygiene habits.)
1. After saving your work, log out of everything and completely switch off your computer. Log back into your computer and switch your browser from Chrome to a different web browser (e.g., Safari, Firefox, etc.),
2. Sign in with a different Google account (not one associated with UB),
3. Switch your browser to a private mode (e.g. switch Chrome to the "incognito" mode via the drop-down menu--3 dots--on the top right hand corner of your screen),
4. Clear your cookies and cache in your web browser (see below),
5. Use any of the computers in Lockwood Library,
6. Use your cell phone (if you have one).
NOTE: If I were you I would also remove all the commercial software that came loaded with my computer that I do not use. Such software is called "software bloat" and all it does is hog storage space while slowing down your computer.
|Practicing Computer Hygiene|